Monday, August 1, 2011

STRANGE HAPPENINGS!!!

So you may have thought with the title, that I'd be referring to the bizarre fact that Adelaide won the football yesterday, nope. Strange but I'm talking stranger than that.

You may also be forgiven for thinking that perhaps Andrew is talking about the fact that he won B-Grade at golf on the weekend, also strange but that would make me a little self absorbed if I was to mention that.

No this strange thing happened on the ride yesterday, the like of which I have never seen before. After getting to Meadows without hiccup, we were all sat drinking coffees and stuffing ourselves with cake. when POP! ttssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Yep, Michaels back tyre decided to spontaneously burst and go flat by itself. Noone was anywhere near it and it was just resting up against the other bikes. However, something, somewhere decided that the three punctures he had last weekend were not enough, and decided to burst his tyre for him.

Hopefully, his luck changes soon. Well done to the 8 or so riders that came out. Back to the beaches next week. I'll try for one last legs of the week, and probably a post about the weekend's ride before I hand the steering wheel back to Frank, as he and Kate return from Europe on Friday.

-AW