Sunday, October 22, 2017

Meadows Epic Hills - Ride Report


Eleven BG headed out this Sunday morning to take on the rarely sighted southerly Meadows loop. As promised it wasn't a smash fest and the pace was gentlemeny.  The day was fantastic if a little chilly, no wind to speak of and apart form some "wet air" we encountered out of Kanagarilla the weather kept up its end of the bargain. Special mentions.

  • Mike T who suddenly appeared as we were regrouping at the top of of the climb out of Calrendon. He had heard it wasn't going to be a smash fest. He thought that was a bit wussy so came out after a bucks show, suffered a flat and then chased us down. He did suffer all they way round. Hopefully helped the hangover.
  • Steve B who has been off the bike weeks  longer than he really wanted to be but came out for the big ride anyway. He was in the hurt locker but ground it out.
  • Brian who capped off his return to riding with the Epic. He sent me the note below to post
Great Day
---------


I would like to thank all the Bastardi that came on the ride to Meadows today. You might not realise how much this meant to me and how it reinstated so much of my lost confidence both mentally and physically. There has been times during the last months when I thought I would never again be able to do what we did today. I had a great sense of relief and satisfaction in what I achieved today - as hard as it was!
Thanks to John for keeping the pace sensible on the way home, and Stevo for getting me home.
It was great to see Steve, Dan and especially Big Mike who all gave me a lot of support over the journey, but today was the first day we have been back on the bikes together.
Sorry, I left my great wing-man Aldo behind after he has paced me back into riding over the last 3 weeks - I must be on the mend!!

Cheers
Brian

Photos, thanks to Dan